The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Nikkormat FT2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,175 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:49

What are your experiences with this camera? This topic will be indexed on our Equipment pages. Please keep your responses relevant to your personal experience with the item so that others may derive value from them.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 MrMal52

MrMal52

• Life Member
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHilliards, Ohio

Posted 26 December 2010 - 14:58

I had one of these for a few years.  It was a nice step up from the FTn.  The film advance lever was plastic coated and more comfortable.  It also had an attached hot shoe and a lock on the film speed setting lever.  This camera was a great second body at around half the price of an F2.  Eventually, I sold it to a friend and got a second F2.

It was a bit smaller, and did not have a finder that showed you the entire image, however it handled well and of course took all the Nikon lenses.  The pin for indexing the lens prong was a bit of a fiddle, but one you were used to it, not bad.

In all, a sturdy little camera. 

#3 cabo

cabo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBonn, Germany

Posted 26 December 2010 - 16:31

The Nikkormat FT2 was my SLR back in 1976. I was 11 years old at the time. The only problem I had with it turned up during my first trip to the U.S. in 1982 with my parents. Soon after we arrived in NYC the needle of the exposure meter became erratic; it would jump up and down when I tried to adjust exposure. The friendly people at the Nikon House in Rockefeller Center repaired it (cleaned the variable resistor of the exposure meter) in half an hour or so free of charge. Excellent service and helped save a really important trip!

Apart from that incident the camera worked fine. In fact I still have it (and the 50/2 Nikkor that came with it and the I had AI'd later when I got my FE).

#4 RKPhotog

RKPhotog

Grand Potentate

• Life Member
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:01

I just wish modern Nikon cameras and lenses were built as well as my old FT2. solid.
Bob
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.