The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

When to use metallic paper?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Broyer

Broyer
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:40

My lab offers metallic paper for slightly more. What images benefit from this paper? (I've yet to try it and was hoping the forum could save me the expense of testing). B&W? Mulitones? What about full color? Thanks,

#2 phecksel

phecksel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBelleville Michigan USA

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:18

People? Nature? Objects?
Phil

D50 18-70 Sigma 70-300

#3 cameraguy21773

cameraguy21773

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFrederick, Maryland USA

Posted 13 August 2006 - 16:46

The only time I ever looked at metallic papers, they were not recommended for printers using pigment inks so I dropped the search.
regards
Mike Parker
Frederick, Maryland

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
--------------------------------------------
D2H | D1x (x2) | D70
Sigma EX 12-24/4.5-5.6 | Sigma EX 24-60/2.8 | AF-S Nikkor 24-85/3.5-4.5 | Sigma EX 28/1.8 | Sigma EX 50/2.8 Macro | AF Nikkor 105/2DC | Sigma EX 150/2.8 Macro | AF Nikkor 180/2.8D | AF Nikkor 300/2.8 | Sigma 400/5.6 Telemacro

#4 Broyer

Broyer
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 15:36

Well, I answered my own question. My lab (Mckenna Pro) has metallic for slightly more $. The paper seems to make B/W's and tritone's glow! It really works for processing that emulates old film (think old slide film). I use Alien Skin Exposure actions. The photos just glow and have a high gloss. I'm really impressed for black and white usage, although it seems to blow out highlights a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.