The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Summer holidays

olympus omd beach

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,167 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 19:42

Today was the penultimate day of the summer school holidays here. I took my son and his friend down to the beach for a couple of hours and while they were frolicking in the surf I set about tripping the Olympus OM-D for a few clicks. Click them to view enlarged.

Posted Image
Two lasses head out for a swim.

Posted Image
This little guy was on his way to the water park (see the yellow wrist band?) but I think he wanted to go to the big pool with the crazy waves instead.

Posted Image
My architectural effort got a bit more colour than I was expecting.

Posted Image
This fella looked so smooth I think he would slide up poles. Are those pyjama shorts? Am I missing a trend amongst the youth?

Posted Image
I opted to crop this one square. Not sure if it works...

Posted Image
A spoil sport. Portuguese Man o' War (aka a blue bottle). These guys wash up whenever there is an on shore wind during summer. When the tentacles touch your skin you're in for a nasty sting.

Posted Image
A spoiled sport. The remains of a Mini convertible sand sculpture. There are a group of unemployed dudes who build these sand sculptures next to the city's piers and appreciators of their art are encouraged to donate a buck or two.

All shots with the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and 14-45mm & 45-175mm Panasonic zoom lenses.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 wildoat

wildoat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,965 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:19

Nice series Dallas.
Many of them are what I call candids, similar in some ways to street photography!
Photographs like these taken spontaneously recording life as it is will always have appeal
as far as I'm concerned. :)
Great close up of the jelly fish by the way.
Could do with some of your weather here in the UK :D

It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a hobby.- Elliott Erwitt

#3 Airee

Airee

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationLille
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 15 January 2013 - 22:23

Square crop works. The last two are particularly interesting. First two are slightly underexposed (for my taste), I assume you let the matrix metering choosing that setting.

#4 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,167 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:13

Thanks for commenting!

Airy, I did indeed let the camera meter for them, but I might have tweaked the ACR recovery sliders a bit hard in Lightroom and forgotten to lift the general exposure.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: olympus omd, beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.