#1 bjornthun

bjornthun

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,967 posts
  • LocationFredrikstad, Norway
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 18:08

Spotted this on photorumors.com. For those of you that use Fuji X series cameras with the X-trans sensor. http://photorumors.c...oad/#more-37840
Bjørn T

#2 aerobat

aerobat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 January 2013 - 19:52

Thanks for the heads-up Bjørn,

I've downloaded it and my first trials are very promising so far.
Ok so onto something new to learn. I've organised all my photos in a Lightroom Catalog.
Phase One Capture One produces its own catalog. That's not really what I wanted.
Let's see whether Phase One can unlock the XTRANS potential.

Regards, Daniel

Edited by aerobat, 14 January 2013 - 20:13 .

#3 afx

afx

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,424 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:34

Phase One Capture One produces its own catalog. That's not really what I wanted.

In contrast to the LR straitjacket, C1 does not require you to use the catalog, you can work with the file browser (it has other warts though....)

cheers
afx
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

#4 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,279 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 15 January 2013 - 14:23

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but the sample images on dpreview.com suggests that the (in)famous artifact can be seen in the 100% crop of the detailed part of the image, although the images are very sharp in general.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#5 schwett

schwett

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27

for those who are subscribers to Lloyd Chambers' site (a mistake I'll never make again!) there is a good comparison showing ACR and Capture 1 results in detail. they're both terrible.

unfortunately this is just what many of us have been expecting. the x-trans is a fabulous sensor greatly handicapped *for some uses* by it's quirky filter array. truly a solution to a nonexistent problem.
http://photo.sfmthd.org/ [under construction]

#6 Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:35

I've downloaded it and my first trials are very promising so far.

Let's see whether Phase One can unlock the XTRANS potential.

Regards, Daniel

Daniel - any progress.. does it still look promising?

I've also downloaded the most recent C1 but unfortunately have no Fuji RAW files to work with.. :)

The examples I've seen so far on the internet is with mixed results and the published "full size samples" are often only half size. I'm a little disappointed but mostly interested in how the flaws will impact the overall IQ when printing A3 size.

Lars

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: capture one, x-trans, support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.