#1 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,514 posts
  • LocationNederland
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11

Attached File  redthing.jpg   289.07KB   6 downloadsAttached File  greenbike.jpg   848.33KB   6 downloadsAttached File  offthewall1.jpg   1.21MB   3 downloads

#2 retief

retief

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 425 posts
  • LocationPacific NW, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 13:09

I'm glad you only had 3 pictures, you were about to run out of room for the title!

For some strange reason I can't put into words, the Red Thing keeps drawing me back. Not sure why, I general don't find that type of picture very interesting, but something about that one, I don't know.

The other 2 look well done, the painterly look just doesn't grab me, I'd rather see them as originals. In the third one, the way the building seems to "bulge" right out at you in the middle is quite cool, and the person walking from the rightI find interesting as they look closer, while everyone else sort of wraps with the building. Nice subjects, I need to understand how better to photograph these types of things.

But dang, that 1st one just made me look again.
Bill Dewey

The Focused Eye

"The Older I Get, the Better I Was........"
- aspiring photographer and didgeridooist extraordinaire -

#3 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,514 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:46

I'm glad you only had 3 pictures, you were about to run out of room for the title!

For some strange reason I can't put into words, the Red Thing keeps drawing me back. Not sure why, I general don't find that type of picture very interesting, but something about that one, I don't know.

The other 2 look well done, the painterly look just doesn't grab me, I'd rather see them as originals. In the third one, the way the building seems to "bulge" right out at you in the middle is quite cool, and the person walking from the rightI find interesting as they look closer, while everyone else sort of wraps with the building. Nice subjects, I need to understand how better to photograph these types of things.

But dang, that 1st one just made me look again.

thank you Bill
i like to experiment with editing software,
the first one is a straight snap from a d800/105dc
and a little toning
the others were a quite bit more work
where i use nik color efex for contrasts

Edited by Fons Baerken, 10 January 2013 - 16:05 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users