The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

New lenses for Nikon 1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 palalaikka

palalaikka

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 19:40

This is couple of months old information, but I couldn't find a thread about it so here it is:
http://www.nikon.com...4_nikkor_02.htm

I think I can see Nano-coating "N" sign on 32mm f/1.2 portrait lens (see picture in the linked page).

#2 gerhard2006

gerhard2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 January 2013 - 21:01

Yes I think you're right. Nikon doesn't seem to blow their horn on these lenses. Like the 10-30 kit zoom has three aspherical lenses and the 30-110 has two ED glass elements. Both of these are excellent lenses for kit lenses. The 18.5 1.8 lens has an aspherical element as well and it also performs admirably. I'm looking forward to finding out what these new lenses will cost and when they will arrive. They will be definitely less expensive than the Panasonic and Sony equivalents, I'm sure. Observant post, I'm sure the nano coating will help with the flare in backlit situations. Regards, Gerry

#3 Millirehm

Millirehm

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,615 posts
  • LocationVienna Austria

Posted 05 January 2013 - 22:08

Yes the Nikon 1 lens - lineup is rather limited so far, evolving very slowly lacking too much ambition and these three lenses are all very interesting. I bought the V1 mainly for using it with F-lenses, and for having a small lightweight combo for hiking trips when I want to have more versatility than with a Coolpix but not willing to carry SLR system.
So what is really missing is a lens with macro capability for the 1 system, especially a wideangle macro (given the small sensor size). In fact V1 stays at home most of the time and I consider the Coolpix P300 as the way better option.
Wolfgang

#4 schwett

schwett

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 05 January 2013 - 23:40

very much looking forward to the 32/1.2. I've really enjoyed the 18.5/1.8 and I'm guessing it will be much more interesting!
http://photo.sfmthd.org/ [under construction]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.