Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:13

Hello:

I have sold all of my Nikon equipment (except some specialty lenses and bellows systems) and funny enough this item did not sell, even for a reasonable asking amount. It retails at B&H for $249.95. It is in perfect working and cosmetic condition. I am keeping my Holux M-1000C to use with other equipment. I like that model since it has a battery life of 25 hours and enables me to go all day without losing power.

I have met a lot of great people here in Nikongear and I have decided to give this away for free to someone interested in geotagging his/her photos with what I consider is the best device out there.

Due to the value of the item I imagine I will receive a few messages, I will pick the one that better explains why geotagging images is important to him/her.

I can ship it anywhere provided shipping costs and duties are covered by the receiving party.

Happy holidays to everybody!

Rodrigo.

Edited by Mexecutioner, 06 December 2012 - 03:00 .

#2 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:55

This Unleashed has been allocated to one of my friends here at NG, and I will ship it tomorrow.

Have fun with it and enjoy it!

#3 Michael Erlewine

Michael Erlewine

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:20

What camera system(s) are you going forward with, if I may ask? And best wishes!

#4 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 16:26

Thanks Michael.

I have purchased a Canon 1DX and a 5DMkIII, and I think I will get a 6D that will be dedicated to time-lapse work. I got an assortment of lenses which I am very pleased with.

I am contemplating getting a Leica M as well, but since I own no Leica lenses and it is a significant investment I will have to think it thoroughly and probably rent one for a couple of weeks before making a decision, but it certainly looks nice.

#5 Michael Erlewine

Michael Erlewine

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 16:37

You may not have time to answer, but I wonder why you decided to get out of Nikon and what was better about Canon? Also, will this mean you are not hear anymore? In which case, that is too bad.

#6 bobfriedman

bobfriedman

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,697 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 00:16

one thing that stands out for me lately is how light the canon titanium big glass is.. you can hand hold a 600/4+1Dx.... i have watched it.. 400/2.8 as well..

the 400/2.8/1DX is lighter than my D800E/300/2.8/TC17 combo.. unbelievable.
bob

www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

#7 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18

You may not have time to answer, but I wonder why you decided to get out of Nikon and what was better about Canon? Also, will this mean you are not hear anymore? In which case, that is too bad.

I will take the time this weekend to elaborate in the details and post my experience, but it mainly has to do with the atrocious customer service Nikon has, their obscure practices and blatant lies. A pity, since I like their equipment, but I refused to be held hostage by such a company just I owned a considerable amount of the equipment that they manufacture.

I will certainly stick around since the sense of community that this forum has is very special and in the end it all boils down to sharing experiences about making images. I have also received very valuable advice and critique over here, but most importantly, made good friends along the way.
  • Larry likes this

#8 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:30

one thing that stands out for me lately is how light the canon titanium big glass is.. you can hand hold a 600/4+1Dx.... i have watched it.. 400/2.8 as well..

the 400/2.8/1DX is lighter than my D800E/300/2.8/TC17 combo.. unbelievable.

I am very curious to see how this combos perform. I am expecting a 200/2 and a 300/2.8 from CPS to come in, and even though the weight reduction has not been as dramatic as with the longer focal lengths the 300 2.8 seems pretty light.

The weight difference between the Nikon and Canon 600mm is 2.5lbs, but those weight savings come at a huge cost, US $3,300 to be precise.

#9 Larry

Larry

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:51

I will take the time this weekend to elaborate in the details and post my experience, but it mainly has to do with the atrocious customer service Nikon has, their obscure practices and blatant lies. A pity, since I like their equipment, but I refused to be held hostage by such a company just I owned a considerable amount of the equipment that they manufacture.

I will certainly stick around since the sense of community that this forum has is very special and in the end it all boils down to sharing experiences about making images. I have also received very valuable advice and critique over here, but most importantly, made good friends along the way.

I am glad to hear about this. Nothing like an ex-Nikon user now giving us a better idea on the other options available from Canon. :D

Rodrigo ... do take a photo when you treat Ann to a milkshake! :D I likely should treat her to one as well since I am now using a D3s instead of a D4. :good:

Edited by Larry, 14 December 2012 - 06:53 .

#10 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:06

I am glad to hear about this. Nothing like an ex-Nikon user now giving us a better idea on the other options available from Canon. :D

Rodrigo ... do take a photo when you treat Ann to a milkshake! :D I likely should treat her to one as well since I am now using a D3s instead of a D4. :good:

We are about 6 weeks away from milkshake time, I'll make sure I document that well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users