#1 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,602 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:30

While visiting in California last summer I found myself with a day to kill in SF (probably one of the best cities to "kill" a day !) and had been told about the Golden Gate Park. [LINK] This place is incredible and sits right in the city with one border at the ocean. It is clean, safe and absolutely beautiful. It's about 1.6 sq miles and has everything from a lake to the De Young Museum. I spent a whole day in the Park and only saw about 1\2 of what there is. One great attraction is the SF Botanical Gardens and Arboretum. I know zilch about flowers. The only things that grow well on my property are the weeds - but I do know that spending a few hours here was not enough & I plan on re-visiting when I am in SF next summer. Most of these were shot with my (then) 2 week old D700 and a 28-105mm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

#2 asaya

asaya

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSyracuse New York

Posted 03 December 2012 - 21:38

I can't believe know one has posted to this thread, my god, beautiful work Doug I like em all but #1, 4 6 standout for me.
Tony Saya
Syracuse NY

#3 Ann

Ann

Professional Photographer

• Life Member
  • 9,823 posts
  • LocationNew York State
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 03 December 2012 - 23:07

How did I miss these?

Stunning photographs Doug.

I particularly love that blue Vanda Orchid (probably because I would love to be able to grow them but don't have the right conditions for them!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users