#1 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,788 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:09

As part of process of simplify my camera system (to Nikon only), I'd like to sell these items: 1) Novoflex Sony NEX (camera body) to Nikon F (lens) adapter. It has a blue aperture control ring and thus AF Nikkor G type lens can be used. Mint condition. Comes with the original case. It is sold for 169 euro at Novoflex direct shop and for 292 USD at B&H (as of October 7, 2012). I'd like to offer it for 150 USD (shipping cost included). Attached File  NovoNexF.jpg   218.93KB   2 downloads 2) Novoflex tripod collar for the NEX to F adapter. Mint conndition. Comes with the original box. It is very solid and well-made, and offers a couple of unique features. You can rotate the camera/lens combo in the collar by slightly loosening the tightning screw on the collar. Also, the foot of the collar is formed as a dovetail mount which is NOT EXACTLY of Arca-Swiss type (ever-so slightly narrower), but my Acratech A-S clamp can hold it tightly just as the normal A-S camera/lens plates. It should be safe to assume that at least the SCREW-type clamp can hold the foot safely. The foot also offers both 3/8" and 1/4" threads. It is sold for 89 euro at Novoflex direct shop and for 138 USD at B&H (as of October 7, 2012). I'd like to offer it for 100 USD (shipping cost included). Attached File  NovoCollarSmall.jpg   209.02KB   2 downloads If you would buy both items as a set, I would offer the set for 230 USD (shipping cost included). I would prefer Paypal for the payment. I will ship the items via EMS and the items will be trackable. If any of you are interested, please send a PM. I can answer the questions in this thread, too. Thanks for reading! Added (nfoto): Marked "cancelled" as per Akira's wish of 28 Dec, 2012.

Edited by Akira, 29 October 2013 - 22:07 .

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#2 JohnBrew

JohnBrew

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 899 posts
  • LocationFolly Beach, SC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 20:25

Akira, please correct if I'm wrong, but the blue aperture control ring is for manual control of aperture ala Ai & Ais type lenses. The G lenses need an electrical connection. Least wise my 85 1.4G won't work with it.

#3 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,788 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 07 October 2012 - 20:50

John, all Nikkors except PC-E tilt/shift have mechanical aperture driven via aperture tab. AF-S 85/1.4G is no exception: you should find a small rectangular metal tab protruding at the edge of the rear element at the 3 o'clock position when you place the electrical contact block at the 12 o'clock position.

The blue ring on the Novoflex adapter moves that tab inside the adapter tube so that you can manually set the aperture (a la MF Nikkor style but without click stops).

#4 nfoto

nfoto

Fierce Bear of the North

• Administrators
  • 16,419 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:39

In fact, the "blue ring" substitutes for the action of the stopping-down lever inside the camera mirror box when you press the shutter release. Even a "G" lens still contains a mechanical linkage.

It's no deep secret that Nikon would like to see all lenses being "E" instead of "G" or the vintage AI/AIS models. But in typical Nikonesque way they gently prod the customers slowly in the, to them, most favourable direction by releasing a PC-E lens once in a while. Thankfully, they also have found it necessary to improve backwards compatibility with older lenses, something I bet was not high up on the priority list at first. But Nikon users want to explore the vast array of former and current Nikkors, so in reality Nikon had to yield ever so slightly in order to smooth out the bumpy ride of "progression".
Bjørn

#5 JohnBrew

JohnBrew

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 899 posts
  • LocationFolly Beach, SC

Posted 15 October 2012 - 20:59

John, all Nikkors except PC-E tilt/shift have mechanical aperture driven via aperture tab. AF-S 85/1.4G is no exception: you should find a small rectangular metal tab protruding at the edge of the rear element at the 3 o'clock position when you place the electrical contact block at the 12 o'clock position.

The blue ring on the Novoflex adapter moves that tab inside the adapter tube so that you can manually set the aperture (a la MF Nikkor style but without click stops).

Akira, yes, I am aware of how the blue ring works as I use it with all my manual Zeiss and Nikkor lenses. But thanks for clearing up how the 85 1.4G works - I couldn't seem to make it work and just figured it needed the electrical contacts.

#6 RidinRev66

RidinRev66

• Life Member
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:36

If this adapter works on the new Sony alpha NEX 6, I would offer $200 for both items.

#7 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,788 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:32

For some reason, I've come back to NEX system by purchasing the new NEX-5R with 16-50 power zoom.

So, I would like to cancel the sale.

I don't know how to edit the title of this thread (has the process changed?), but if I can, I would like to add "Cancelled" at the begining of the thread title.

Sorry for your confusion.

#8 Larry

Larry

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:32

Hi Akira,

Good call to get back on the NEX. I know of no other better camera to use on a tripod and live view even with my large Nikkor lenses. Magnify and Peaking really helps get the focus right with manual focus, even with E-mount lenses.

I opted to get a 2nd NEX-5N to add to my NEX-5N and NEX-7. Do let us know how well the 16-50mm zoom works ... as well as the wireless connectivity.

Edited by Larry, 28 December 2012 - 11:33 .

#9 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,788 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:35

Hi, Larry,

I'm charging the battery now. Possibly for lowering cost, NEX-5R doesn't come with the dedicated BC-VW1 charger but is instead accompanied with an AC adapter which is connected to the camera via USB cable. It should take roughly twice as much as BC-VW1 to charge the battery in the camera.

That is a bit disappointing, but other than that, I'm pretty familiar with the camera as I used NEX-5N. The strap rings of 5R are positioned way more correctly, compared to 5N, so it is comfortable to handhold the camera with the strap. :)

My other reason for my purchase of 5R is that I'm going to utilize its integrated WiFi function in combination with my new Nexus 7, which should be more handy to use the camera as a communication tool.

#10 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,788 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40

Oh, I forgot to mention: thank you, administrators, to add "Cancelled" to the title of this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users