The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Capture NX2 and Mountain Lion installation problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jukka

Jukka

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2012 - 18:59

I can't install the CNX2 Mac version to an iMac/Mountain Lion. Any advice anyone?

I downloaded the CNX2-file, then opened it in the Finder. Then the friendly Mountain Lion asks me if I really want to continue since the developer is unknown. I answer yes. I guess something is unpacked and after that the installer is not allowed to continue since the developer is unknown.
-Jukka-

#2 jag

jag

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 79 posts
  • LocationHamar, Norway

Posted 24 September 2012 - 21:06

Open "System Settings", and open the panel for Security, Under General you can choose which security rules to apply to programs.

Note that you can also override these strict settings at any time using right click when opening programs.

(Ther might be variations in the name of the programs, since I'm using a none english OS-X)

/Jan
/Jan

#3 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 21:47

You have to do what jag suggests with quite a lot of programs. The right click method is only needed the first time, after that Mountain Lion remembers your decision.

#4 jag

jag

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 79 posts
  • LocationHamar, Norway

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:51

The system settings suggested by me, is systemwide. You only need to do it ince, if you let the changes stay permanent.
/Jan

#5 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 25 September 2012 - 13:17

The problem with changing the system wide setting is that you are at greater risk of installing dodgy software. I prefer to stay at the safest setting and put up with having to right click once when I am sure there is no problem.

#6 Jukka

Jukka

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:49

Terve!
Thanks for the advice. I tried the right-click method when I first installed the NCNX2 but it does not work since one cannot right-click again when the installation starts, it only works for the first step to unpack the file. I have to change the settings as I cannot find the NCNX2 installation file unpacked. I can change the settings back when the installation is complete.
-Jukka-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.