The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

V1 battery drain with HDMI (and other sneaky tricks)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatrickO

PatrickO

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:03

I'm having odd experiences with the V1 connected up to a Lilliput 7" 667 field monitor. Here's a bit of info if you're considering a similar setup.

1. Turn the V1 on first, then power up the monitor (rear switch) then turn on the monitor (front switch). If I turn on the monitor first then the V1 won't show anything on the screen.
2. Turn the V1 off first, then the monitor at the front.
3. If you turn the monitor off at the front switch then the screen display will return to the V1.
4. If you turn off the monitor first using the rear battery power switch then the V1 will stay on but not display anything on screen and not allow you to power it off with the camera on-off button
5. Irrespective of how you shut them down, leaving the monitor connected via the HDMI cable to the V1 will drain the V1 battery completely in 6-8 hours. The camera will then not turn on until the battery has been charged for at least 5 minutes. My advice is to disconnect the HDMI when done.

#2 renaud

renaud

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 96 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 17:40

My experience is slightly different: regardless of the order in which I turn the camera and the monitor on, half-pressing the shutter release causes the image to appear on the monitor. I'm using a different monitor though (Lilliput 569/O/P), so this may explain the discrepancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.