The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Compact camera conundrum - please help!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:02

As I mentioned, bought a pentax wg-2 for beach shooting. Yesterday...

Posted Image
delray 11.11.120404ebw by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Posted Image
delray 11.11.120358ebw by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Posted Image
delray 11.11.120365ebw by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Wg-2 has a pan focus function with no discernable shutter lag. Pretty nice.

#42 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,170 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:43

I love that first shot, Taran, but why B&W? This type of thing screams colour to me.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#43 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 19:30

@dd, well, I guess I default to bw cuz I'm working on a bw book of kiteboarders. TY for the kind words.

#44 Luc de Schepper

Luc de Schepper

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,837 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 12 November 2012 - 20:43

Nice shots Taran!
  • yunfat likes this

#45 afx

afx

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,420 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:41

Taran, the second is way cool. And perfect for BW me thinks.

cheers
afx
  • yunfat likes this
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

#46 simato73

simato73

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationBollington, Cheshire
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 22:30

My nephew has left last weekend for a trip to Thailand, Laos and maybe Cambodia.
First stop will be to see his granddad in Pai, Thailand.
He has taken the camera I gave him, he will be back around February 2013.
Let's hope the camera serves him well...
Simone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.