The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Good experience Adobe CS (no, the OTHER CS)

adobe creative suit customer service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 18:57

I was in need of Adobe's customer service today; my acrobat reader pro had stopped working.

The culprit turned out to be the regular reader that was preinstalled before installing CS6. Although I had joked to the customer service rep that I once had a Microsoft call of two hours, this one turned out to take just as long—uninstalling acrobat reader, testing, uninstalling acrobat pro, more testing, downloading the CS6 Design suite, installing it (with the various reboots of course) and finally testing everything.

Unlike the help desk at work, whose only target is to close as many tickets as possible (preferably before the issue is resolved, that way they can close another ticket on it–the system is flawed), the rep insisted I would take my time and test everything thoroughly before concluding that everything was solved.

Yes, you pay through the nose for Adobe products, but this is the second time I needed their assistance (the first one was migrating CS4/win to CS5/mac) and I'm very impressed with their customer service.
Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

#2 Colin-M

Colin-M

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 27 June 2012 - 20:45

Glad it worked for you Bart

The culprit turned out to be the regular reader ..

I'm very impressed with their customer service.

I have no direct experience of CS6. However I deal with updates that are required to Adobes's bug-ridden Reader Apps (plus Flash) on an almost Monthly basis. Because my customers have apps that interface to these, we have to spend time testing the upgrades before we can put them live.

This month we had just put the first bug fix of Flash live when the *second* one in June was issued by Adobe.

The Reader & Flash range of Adobe products is a complete pain in the rear. From time to time, people complain about the cost of the CS suite. This might sound cynical but I wonder if Adobe need to do this to pay for the costs of their "free" products :)

Edited by Colin-M, 27 June 2012 - 20:48 .

Colin
--------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/celidh

#3 Longhiker

Longhiker

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 27 June 2012 - 21:06

I haven't had to call support for quite a while and may have changed. A number of years ago I was having problems exporting files from either Framemaker or InDesign, can't remember right now, to create pdf files for publishing manuals on image setters for offset printing. This is critical to my work. Over a couple of hours I dealt with several levels of support until I was finally routed to the two guys in Seattle that knew more about this than anyone and they stayed on with me until we got it figured out. This also involved contact over the next couple of days. I learned a lot in the process and they were fantastic. I'm not sure if you could get to that level now, but they got the job done without complaint or giving up.
There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

#4 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 27 June 2012 - 22:47

Good to have someone report excellent service - so often we only hear criticism.

#5 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:42

Lo and behold! I did need my Acrobat Pro today. So that was convenient :)
Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adobe, creative suit, customer service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.