The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

D4 - 5 minute black exposure

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,279 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 13 May 2012 - 20:01

Seriously, the data are read out separately at the same time from both halves and put together, halves the time it takes to empty the rows, yes one row at the time has to be read out.
(Short version) :)

Erik, I would think this is only the case with CCD. The image data of CMOS are read out directly from the indivisual buffers for the pixels. In the case of CMOS, it may just be the matter of the production process.

Sten, Nikon seem to have addressed the amp noise...finally.

That said, hotter place on the planet may be a better place to test this. Larry, when are you going to get your D800? :devil:

Edited by Akira, 13 May 2012 - 20:06 .

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.