#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,739 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 31 January 2012 - 17:21

Peter is a good friend of mine and I have been helping him get his website ready for the past few days.

Please go check it out and let me know what you think. Also let me know if there are any loading problems as we are using a Flash based plugin for WordPress. It's a bit slow on slower ADSL lines here in SA, but we'd like to see what it's like for the developed world.

The pictures look great when you opt for the full screen option on a 1080p screen.

www.peterbendheim.com

#2 Andrea B.

Andrea B.

Lost in the Desert

• Administrators
  • 11,034 posts
  • LocationNuovo Jersey

Posted 31 January 2012 - 17:48

It looks very nice, Dallas. I have always enjoyed Peter's work. He should have a book !!

Problem when viewing on iPad with Safari: the photos are not always "centered". There is a white border on the left and no border on the right.

Also, suggest using a smaller font for the number of images when listed next to the folder name so that it doesn't distract so much from that name.

Andrea B.
UltravioletPhotography.com

#3 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,739 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 17:57

Thanks Andrea. Yes, we are aware of the problem with iPad. The plug in uses a Javascript alternative when the Flash player can't be found and while it seems to work OK, I have got some CSS issues with alignment in Safari (isn't that just typical?). I'll try and work it out when I get more time.

Agree on the smaller font. More CSS issues. :)

#4 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,602 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:02

Hi Dallas
Viewed the site on FFox 9.0.1 on a DSL line. Images look VERY crisp & clear (There are some BEAUTIFUL images there) The sit looks great to me. The only nit (and it is a nit) is the full screen button is a little hard to see\find.

Tell your friend CONGRATS on the great photos & the very nice web site. [he owes you a brew or two :drinks:]
Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

#5 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,739 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:26

Thanks Doug. I have given Peter a shopping list for his trip to Malaysia this month. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users